Monday 28 January 2013

Sex and the city. Or what's left of it.


Tonight I was watching Sex and the city. Good old Sex and the city. Carrie being hurt by mr. Big, parties and cosmopolitans, girltalk, gorgeous women and handsome men.
The last time I saw it was years ago.

But as I watched the episode where Carrie speeches on a wedding and mr. Big walks out to answer his phone, I wondered … (imagine a zoomed in shot of a computerscreen where a sentence appears while typing)
… where is my Sex and the city life?

Do not get me wrong, I am very happy where I am right now.
But this good old Carrie-life had something… exciting. (And depressing, I admit.)
We’ve all been the girls lying in bed, crying night after night, ‘cause of some stupid guy.
Having so many great high heels, in different colours, and still never having the right pair to match.
Dressing up to get to a party or just to go out and have fun.
Having drinks with your girlfriends. In my case, mostly gay friends. Try being a dancer without having gay friends!
Chasing your own mr. Big. And marrying him.

I even blogged back then, about men. About al those stupid men.
At nights where I stayed in, I watched my DVD box of Sex and the city. Glass of wine, texting with my friends and relaxing on the couch.

But when I watched it tonight, I wasn’t relaxing. I was multitasking. After a day of hard work for our own business, I was doing – lots of – laundry, the dishwasher, cleaning, cooking… and… I still had Christmas decoration in our living room, so I packed it up and stored it in the attic. I even redecorated the toilet.
And no, I didn't do it during this one episode. It took me three hours. But the point is, things changed around here.

I do not miss the stupid men or the endless cocktails though. I love my life. But what is this feeling? I don’t know.
Guess I’m just in the next chapter of my life.
The one of the Desperate Housewives.
I’m lucky I love that show too.

From  a sex and the city girl to a desperate housewive.
But always in company of good glass of wine. Cheers.
(Picture taken in Rome, Italy)


No comments:

Post a Comment