Tuesday 16 October 2012

Don't give up!


So I read this blog from a guy. That’s actually weird, ‘cause I usually read blogs from crafty, DIY-ing, organizing girls.
But I came across this fascinating blog, internetmiljonair (it means internetmillionaire).

It’s a blog from a guy who tells how he got his “bizz” (as he calls it) up and running. And now he’s helping others to get the best out of their business by writing inspiring blogs and linking to great websites and other good stuff. I really like that he shares his secrets and tries to inspire people. He gives a lot of good advices.

I’ve been in a rollercoaster the last three weeks. From being overjoyed to being very down. The down part sucked. And by that, I mean really really really sucked. I had to do and tell a lot of bad stuff, I got to suck up even more bad stuff and people were hurt. Everybody got hurt. So no, not the best thing that happened.
But, the show must go on right? Right. I had no idea how. This rollercoaster was dragging me into all this pain and I didn’t know how to get through.

But then, this internetmillionaire guy emailed. Not personally to me, it was a newsletter. But so inspiring.

He wrote about a 14 mile biking trip in the mountains. He had finished a 10 mile run here in Holland, so this trip on a bike with just 4 miles more would not be that difficult. Not.
Holland is flat. Very very flat. He ran 10 miles in this flat country. And then he tried to go up and down in a 14 mile ride in the US!
While he was riding, he thought to himself, what can I do to get myself out of this misery? And to get back to my caravan as fast as I can?
The answer? Nothing.
He hád to go on. He had to finish that ride.
There was no other option.
Step on the gas and go.
Don’t look back.

And then he said, what if you saw your caravan as your bizz?
That you háve to get to that caravan? That you can’t give up?

And right there was my aha – moment.


This pain was just my 14 mile ride.
Step on the gas.
Don't give up.
Don’t – look – back.

And you know what?
My 14 mile ride isn’t finished yet, but I can see my caravan.
I even know what’s in there. I can’t tell you yet, but it’s HUGE for our company. 
Just a couple of miles more.
The last are the toughest ones.
But they make that caravan so much more worth it.

I'm not giving up.



No comments:

Post a Comment