Friday 2 November 2012

High five for Friday, no 9


Yep, Friday is here again.
I don’t have lots of time to blog, but I try to keep up the Friday posts. High five!

My highlights of this week:

1. A couple of students dressed up and scared people in a park here in The Hague. So much fun!
The audience could ride through the park on little trains, so we had to try that too of course.

How stupid I'm the only one doing "yay". Thanks kids.
2. New musicaltheatreclasses.
As some of you know, my hubs and I own a musicaltheatreschool here in Holland, Boss Musical. We have six classes, but this week we started three (!) new ones. Yay!
I’m very proud of one in particular. Do you remember my “caravan” in this post? Well, this is it.
A couple of weeks ago the owner of a danceschool called us. She’s got two musicaltheatreclasses, but she doesn’t have the time anymore to give those classes the attention that they need. So, the question was, are we willing to teach those classes and add them to Boss Musical.
Wow... Of course! It means we have a second school where our classes will take place, in a neighbourhood full of children. It also means we got to hire new teachers for the first time. Exciting…
We are growing big time!!

3. Food!
Yes, the standard highlight in my week.
This week we had lunch with our lovely friend Jeanique.
We tried a new lunchroom, called “Anders en meer”, which means different and more. It was different and more indeed!
Fresh home baked bread (still warm), fresh salad, lots of home made stuff. I’m definitely coming back!

Left: My salmon and wasabi mayonnaise sandwich
Middle: Jeanique with her French cheese and salami sandwich
Right: Franks tuna salad sandwich. And his hand.
4. A sweet card.
Got it from a student. She’s new this year. Made me cry.

Remember when I told you I'd work on my photography skills? Well here's the proof.
I'm experimenting with my hubs Canon :-)

5. Private practice.
We make incredibly long days, working from 10 to 14 hours a day. 6 or 7 days a week. I really don’t want to know how many hours that is in a week.
So I try to relax when we’re at home. Though I’m very tired when we come home from work, I also can’t sleep directly. And so I watch tv. I love tv shows! I’m a true addict to Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Sex and the city, Will & Grace, Friends, 24, Prison Break etc. And I buy the dvd’s, so I can watch them over and over again. (I hear some of you saying I can download them. But I don’t want that.)
My latest addiction is Private Practice, the spin off of Grey’s Anatomy.


I have the first season for years now, but I never bought the other seasons, ‘cause I wasn’t so much in love with season 1.
But then they were on sale.
And I was bored.
So I bought season 2.
And I love it.
What shows do you love?

Linking up with lovely Lauren!

From My Grey Desk

2 comments: